I Wanted to Update My Banister,
[and Some of the Balusters Needed Replacing],
so We Decided to Go for Some Rod Iron.
First we Knocked out the Existing Balusters-
they came out relatively Easy.
We Kept the Knewl Posts
and Rails in Place.
Then I Lightly Sanded the Knewl Posts
and then Stained them
to Match My Floor,
This Part Was Completely Easy.
Next Came the Balusters.
We Purchased them from a Local Business,
Determined the Length We Wanted,
and Husband when to Town
Sawing Those Babies
with a Metal Blade on His Miter Saw.
And He Drilled Holes Going Down
into the Foot Railing
and Going Up Into the Hand Railing,
in the Places where The Rods Needed to Go.
It Gets Kind of Tricky Trying to Explain
How we Used a Sledge Hammer to
Wham Those Suckers into the Railing,
and Angle them Into the Holes at the Bottom,
but That's How we Manged to do it.
We did Learn,
that Removing the Railing,
Does NOT Help,
and only Makes Things Worse.
But Once We Figured Out how to Get those Things In,
It was Pretty Easy.
[I'm Sorry I can't Give a More Understandable Explanation!]