Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Love Birds

I had the privilege of hosting a Bridal Shower for our Niece.
She Loves Nature and Simplicity,
so I wanted to incorporate those things in her Bridal Shower.

{Love Birds Bridal Shower}


My plan was to keep things Elegant 
yet Rustic and Simple.
Everywhere you looked there was
Paper Chains and Puffy Crepe Paper Balls,
Burlap and Candles,
Glass and Sparkly things,
Chalkboards with Lovey Quotes, 
and Pine Cones and Yummy Food.

I really wanted it to be a celebration of 
their Love for each other
and of the Love that I have for my niece.
I was totally thrilled to get to do this for her!

On a side note,
the Groom's Grandparents were there,
and I can't get over how nice
and complimentary they were!
They totally made my day,
and made me feel like quite the hero! 
They were awesome!
*
One week later,
We were so Happy to be present as they Promised
to Love Each Other for Eternity.

This is the first wedding in our T Family,
Since WE tied the knot!
So it was very Special to our Family.

The week of her wedding,
I found this picture 
(the Top Picture)
and wanted to re-create it.
The top Picture is our niece 
looking at us on our wedding day,
and the bottom one is our three boys,
looking at her,
15 1/2 years later,
on her Wedding Day.

Wow, they grow up!
And we hope our Boys 
make good Choices and follow the Example
 of their Cousin and her Groom!

All the Wedding Events that day were 
Lovely and very Touching to us.

And can we just say
that wedding receptions these days 
are so full of cute and clever and fun ideas?!

Some of my favorite ideas from their January festivities:
Handing out Hand Warmers in cutesy bags when we were outside,
a Hot Chocolate Bar,
a Fresh Fruit Crepe Bar (in addition to Dinner),
Making Paper Airplanes and sending the Happy Couple off,
in a Pearl white 1936 Cadillac Fleetwood,
Snow Globes and Candles everywhere,
and 
a Photo Booth Guest Book!
{Our Photo Booth Fun}

And? 
Like an Old Married Person,
I couldn't help but think
"They THINK they Love each Other now,
but Wait, 
It gets even Better!"


1 comment:

Amy said...

This is lovely in every way. :)