Saturday Morning.
In the March Ensign,
I found some good ideas for
young kids that I put to good use
and the kids were actually
excited and listening!
I even heard,
"Can we do this every General Conference?"
Meanwhile, we went to work on our planned project for the day:
72 Hour Kits
My husband found some great things at
http://www.foodstoragemadeeasy.net/
{I knew he was a good catch}
where he found this
in a milk jug!
[How'd We Do?]
We actually had to use a larger
cook stove than she used in the video, and it still fit,
AND
we had lots of room left over,
so we added things we thought the kids would enjoy more of:
Candy, G-Bars, Suckers, Crackers and Fruit Roll-Ups.
Surprise?
They are so light!
PS This is for the FOOD portion of the 72 Hour Kits

6 comments:
Your boys are too cute! I can't believe how big they are all getting (especially jason). I love the milk carton 72 hour kit idea! How fun for your boys!
way to not waste away the hours of General Conference sitting around in pjs and snuggling under blankets.
A general conference donut run? I'm liking that tradition.
I am totally going to do this! We have lived in CA only two summers and we have been threatened both summers with having to evac because of wild fires! I am going to get our kits ready in the next couple of weeks!!! GREAT idea!
I am going to check that website! Those look "do-able!"
Another good site for food storage is www.shelfreliance.com - Check it out if you are bored stiff!!!
I always read your blog with mixed feelings. I think you have so many fun ideas and that makes me happy but I always feel like a terrible mother and that is depressing. Anyway, I am glad that you are all doing well
Laura
Post a Comment