Friday, September 19, 2014

Fund Raising

I'm on the PTA Board
at our Kids' School, over Fund Raising.
We Hosted a Fun Run for the Kids!
Because our Kids are in a school that is year-round,
to give ALL the kids
the opportunity to participate in things like this,
every event has to be held twice- about two weeks apart.
So two kick-off Assemblies 
and two days of doing the Actual Fun Run.
It was a lot of work,
busy and stressful,
but it was a lot of FUN,
and it went really well!

My favorite, favorite part,
was on the last day of the Fun Run- 
our last class was a 
Special Needs Class,
I just loved how they loved the Running-
even though it was difficult,
I loved how happy and content they were,
sitting on the ground, in the warm sun,
eating their post run snacks.
They sang a song for me,
and asked if I could come to class with them.
They took my heart home with them.
It was a perfect ending.


No comments: