Here it is, October.
Remember how I said I had some plans
for a Less-Sugary kind of Reward Plan/Conference Consessions?
What do you think?
Instead of Sugary Treats Galore,
I made more healthy options
that the kids like
[I used my no refined Sugar recipes],
including chocolate covered strawberries,
popcorn, almonds, and fruit leather.
Also,
we made coupons the kids could use
for extra game time,
lunch with mom,
or
a trip to get an ice cream cone
(I figured a one time outing for a treat,
was better than a bucket of candy to munch on for weeks).
Also,
we had lots of non-food items for the kids,
that we knew they would like.
I thought I would get lots of complaints,
but there were none-
they were quite pleased with their options!
Just to restate what this is all about:
Twice a year,
our Church has General Conference,
where we can watch on TV (or attend in person),
and listen to the words of our Prophets and apostles.
In our Family we encourage our kids to watch,
and take good notes (or draw pictures for the young ones)
for at least one of the 2 hour sessions.
And we reward them (bribe them?)
by giving them points for doing well,
and they can use the points at our
Conference Concession Stand,
to purchase things to enjoy during the next session of conference
(there are 4 2-hour sessions over two days).
Also,
a Special time in our Family-
Our Oldest Boy turned 12
and was able to attend the Priesthood Session
with his Dad, Grandpa, Uncles and Cousins.
Even though anyone can watch the meeting
on TV or via internet, it is a Special time and tradition
that the men 12 and over attend together.
And I believe the tradition
also calls for Ice Cream after the Meeting!
[My Heart Loves this Picture]


No comments:
Post a Comment